Mission and Vision
Founded in 1998, Memphis Athletic Ministries (MAM) exists to coach, grow, and lead the youth of Memphis by helping them discover their identity in Christ and their purpose in the community. MAM’s vision is to see identity found, hope restored, and lives changed.
- Christ-centered, relational ministry – We model/glorify Christ in/through relationships we build.
- Urban youth focus – We serve youth and their families in under-resourced neighborhoods.
- Loving/safe/fun environment – We create a safe haven for youth to grow and develop.
- Holistic development programming – We build the body, mind and spirit of our youth.
- Godly community influence – We impact our city through the power of the gospel.
MAM provides year-round, Christ-centered mentoring programs with well-trained staff to youth, ages 8 to 18, at eight centers located in disadvantaged neighborhoods. This is done in partnership with families, schools and other community organizations.